Arader Galleries of Philadelphia specializes in sixteenth through nineteenth century natural history prints and watercolors, antique maps and important atlases, rare books, prints of the American West, American historical material and twentieth century American Master prints.
The gallery is housed in a Philadelphia landmark, the former site of Charles Sessler Inc., the country's oldest antiquarian bookstore, founded in 1882. W. Graham Arader III acquired the bookstore in the late 1970's. The elegant two story nineteenth century building features the first floor main gallery where monthly exhibitions focus on a particular artist or historical theme. The gallery is located on Walnut Street in the heart of the city's shopping district, one block from City Hall and walking distance from Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell.
From the glorious double elephant folio birds from John James Audubon's The Birds of America to Lewis & Clark's landmark journals of western exploration to the delicate floral engravings by the French court painter Pierre Joseph Redoute to the mapping of the American Revolution, the gallery is committed to offering important works in superior condition.
W. Graham Arader III of Philadelphia maintains a wonderful clientele of private collectors, museums, interior designers and art consultants. We invite you to visit the gallery or call us with any special requests.