The only gallery of its kind in the United States, MINUS SPACE specializes in reductive abstract art on the international level. Reductive art is generally characterized by its use of plainspoken materials, monochromatic or limited color, geometry and pattern, repetition and seriality, precise craftsmanship, and intellectual rigor. Reductive art is inclusive and pluralistic in its approach, including geographic location, age, gender, medium, artistic strategy, and content of work.
We present museum-quality solo and group exhibitions by pioneering emerging and established artists at our Brooklyn gallery, as well as at other collaborating venues on the national and international levels. Our exhibition program focuses specifically on the following five areas:
* Pioneering emerging artists with a demonstrated vision and practice committed to reductive art.
* Established, yet overlooked older artists working in the United States with excellent reputations and demonstrated influence within their community of artists.
* Established, international artists that have never or rarely exhibited in New York City or the United States.
* Historical exhibitions that reexamine underknown, deceased artists.
* Experimental exhibitions (ideas, ephemera, topical issues, etc.).
We represent an incomparable array of groundbreaking national and international artists working across all visual arts media. Gallery artists are included in major museum collections worldwide, including the Museum of Modern Art, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Whitney Museum of American Art, Brooklyn Museum, Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Walker Art Center, British Museum, and Victoria and Albert Museum, among many others. The gallery also maintains inventory, including paintings, drawings, prints, photographs, works on paper, and multiples, by more than 60 additional artists working around the globe.
Website : http://www.minusspace.com/
FIC123.BE een website met info en cultuur.