Established in 2001, the gallery was born out of a former project space named "Maschenmode" (founded 1999). In 2004 the gallery moved to Wedding to occupy a larger industrial space and changed its name given its new location. In December 2009 the gallery expanded its premises by opening an additional, comparatively small-scale and elegant dependance in Berlin-Charlottenburg. In December 2012 the gallery vacated its legendary main location in the former lightbulb factory in Wedding and the exhibitions continued at the Charlottenburg space through July 2013.In September 2013 the gallery moved to a new home in Potsdamer Straße’s former Tagesspiegel building with an inaugural exhibition by Andy Hope 1930.
The self-contained gallery programme is focused on young contemporary art from western civilizations, with an original emphasis on artists based in Berlin. The gallery represents twelve international artists, both emergent and established. The majority of the represented artists had their first solo show at the gallery, and the gallery regularly publishes catalogs and artist books for its artists. Galerie Guido W. Baudach is the primary gallery for all of its artists, or at least shares equal responsibility with other relevant colleagues in collaboration the artists.
Website : Galerie Guido W. Baudach
FIC123.BE THE CULTURAL PORTAL.
FIC123.BE ON TWITTER & FACEBOOK